Friday, April 06, 2007

how could i live without you

had a deep conversation recently with another fellow ragamuffin like me. as much as i enjoyed the courage we had, i was at the same time so disgusted by our atrocious, monstrousness behavior. i was just picturing if we are all celebrities, knowing that there is nothing the paparazzi cannot dig out. i am not sure if all of us can still lift up our heads to face the world with all our hideousness flashing all over the headlines daily. but then again, we are so fallen we might be blinded by the glamour of sins. we are really a bunch of wasted ppl. if i being sinful felt turned off, i can so imagine the one who knows no sin.

From the sixth hour until the ninth hour darkness came over all the land. About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabackthani?" –- which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" matthew 27.46

if there is anything i ought to remember this great morning, this will be it. this is not a guilt trip to amplify our sins to remember the greatness of this day. but a deep undeserving cry of gratitude He took my place. as if that is not good enough in exchange i am given this promise "i will never leave you nor forsake you". suddenly the weight of this verse becomes so much more meaningful.

surely nothing, i mean nothing... not even sin "nothing else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord". now i remember why we partake of the bread and wine.

i love both of these songs a lot. to me, these two songs have very similar tune. maybe it is just me. i always think of one whenever i hear the other and vise versa. while one remind me of how my world fall apart without him, the other remind me of how my world hold together again because of Him.

how do i live by LeAnn Rimes
How do i
Get through one night without you
If i had to live without you
What kind of life would that be?
Oh i, i need you in my arms
Need you to hold
You're my world my heart my soul
If you ever leave
Baby you would take away everything good in my life

And tell me now
How do i live without you
I want to know
How do i breathe without you
If you ever go
How do i ever, ever survive?
How do i, how do i
Oh how do i live?...

Without you
There'd be no sun in my sky
There would be no love in my life
There would be no world left for me
And i, baby i don't know what i would do
I'd be lost if i lost you
If you ever leave
Baby you would take away everything real in my life

If you ever leave
Baby you would take away everything
Need you with me
Baby cuz you know you're everything good in my life



how could i live without You from the Unspeakable Joy album
How could i live without You
How would i survive
Without Your love
Without Your touch
You're the one that heals me
That cleanses my heart
And sets me free

Now i come right before You
With my hands lifted up
And my heart humbly bowed
At Your work on the cross
As You hung there and died
You were paying the price
For my life, for my life

For Your love
Is higher than the heavens
Deeper than the sea
All i want is You in my life
No one else can satisfy my soul
Can make me feel this way
Only You Lord, only You


---
today we celebrate that world that holds together. the reason to live, the strength to carry on.

No comments: