Friday, February 09, 2007

faithful friends

by Twila Paris and Steven Curtis Chapman

Everyone knows you as a man of honour
I am glad i know you simply as a friend
You've always taken time to be my brother
And I'll be standing by you in the end

But I will never put you on a pedestal
I thank the Lord for everything you do
I'll be there to pray for you and for the ones you love
I believe that He will finish all He started in you

I will be an open door that you can count on
Anywhere you, anywhere you've been
I will be an honest heart you can depend on
I will be a faithful friend

I am one of many whose path you made clearer
By the light you've carried faithfully as a warrior and a child
God has used you greatly to encourage and inspire
And you've remained a true friend all the while
So I will never put you on a pedestal
Cause we both know all the glory is the Lord's
And I'll be there to pray
that He will keep you by His grace
And I will remind you to be seeking His face

Should it ever come your time to mourn
I will weep with you
And every single time you win
I'm celebrating too
I will celebrate with you

---
found this cd on the shelf. i guess the words are more true today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i remember these lyrics ;) how many yrs ago was that huh? haha

chaiyen said...

i dunno... i only know the song 3 years ago.

Anonymous said...

u gave it to us when u first left lor haha u don't remem that??

chaiyen said...

no i gave you another song. i know that song