Monday, November 03, 2008

true love

1. makes you learn things you dont normally care about
2. can cause a sudden submission in you to your partner, part of respecting and protecting him
3. doesnt mind he is imperfect, you dont normally know why you love him
4. goes through the worst time of his life with him, and hold faith with him that the best is yet to come
5. drives you to attain what you never thought you can do
6. compel you to give more than you normally do
7. seems to change you not by your choice
8. tend to make you believe it will never end, it seems like yesterday you start the relationship
9. can be difficult to forget and let go
10. is a pain in the ass

when i say true love, think christina in grey's saying this: "I was right. I swear I really believe what I did was right. I don't want you to forgive me. Frankly, I'd find it patronizing if you did. Because... while I know I was right, you think I'm wrong. Which doesn't matter... because... I'm in this. I'm in this for the long haul. And I'm in this to finish the race. So if that means I don't win this one, then fine. I don't win. You win. I'm talking. See? I'm talking first. You win." or dorothy in jerry maguire: "Maybe I am taking advantage. Am I a bad person? All I know is that I found someone who was charming and popular and not-so-nice to me -- and he died. Okay? So why should I let this guy go, when everything in my body says this one is the one... And oh, I don't know if you're interested in this detail, but I was just about to tell you that I love him. I love him, and I don't care what you think. I love him for the man he wants to be, and I love him for the man he almost is. I love him."

true love might not happen to two parties at the same time. in my context it means you-truly-love-a-person. i just found out that eventhough a person had numerous relationships, it doesnt mean that he/she has encounter true love yet. meeting such love makes you a better person. it doesnt matter if the relationship last or not. it is like an encounter with God. after you see the real thing, you will always believe that love is real because you have experience it. i think i have said i do not want to go through this heartache again, in hindsight im actually glad that i ever stumble into it. some ppl say, you are lucky if you ever encounter true love once in your lifetime. i can now say i had, at least i do not need to put this in my list of last 10 things to do before i die.

No comments: